I’m cheating a bit on this year’s “things to do” list. I have one REALLY BIG thing to start with, so I broke it up into some smaller pieces. So, here are the things I hope to accomplish in the coming year:
Buy a house. EEP. Move.
- Move my parents in with me. MORE EEP.
- Actually get unpacked this time. For real. (Goal: by Memorial Day.)
Pay off remaining hospital/doctor bills from my gall bladder issues.
- Pay off remaining credit card balance.
- Increase retirement savings. (Goal: 10% by end of 2018.)
Publish my fifth novel (February 20)!
- Write/finish and submit/publish three new stories. UPDATE: One story finished!
- Start submitting to agents (carry over from 2017).
- Attend some Georgia Romance Writers meetings.
- Attend/present at the Spring Fling conference in Chicago.
- Attend/present at the RT Booklovers’ convention in Reno.
Attend the Council of Science Editors meeting in New Orleans (for the day job).(Cancelled due to the whole move thing; too much time away from the office.)
- Attend the RWA conference in Denver.
- Plan and execute publication of the Daily Dragon for Dragon Con 2018.
- Go to NYC in October.
- Have a fabulous 50th birthday party in December!