As part of Dreamspinner Press’s fifth anniversary celebration, all books by authors who signed with them during their fourth year in business are on sale for 25% off this week. That includes me! So head on over and check out (most of) my backlist at a discount.
Posted in 2010 advent calendar, 2011 advent calendar, 2011 daily dose set, anthology, chicago, discovering columbus, dreamspinner, m/m, model student, novel, novella, of holiday spirits, on sale, publishers, sand & water, sharing christmas, short story, the cabin on the hill, uniform appeal
Dreamspinner Press is celebrating the publication of its 1,000th title with a 20% off sale! A different category of books will be available each week for the next five weeks:
March 14–20: All ebook novels (including Sand & Water)
March 21–27: All ebook novellas (including Model Student)
March 28–April 3: All short fiction Daydreams and Nap-size Dreams (including “The Cabin on the Hill,” “Chicago,” “Sharing Christmas,” and “Of Holiday Spirits, Wake-up Calls, and Happily Ever Afters“)
April 4–10: All ebook anthologies (including Uniform Appeal, which contains my story “Discovering Columbus”)
April 11–17: All paperbacks (including Sand & Water and Uniform Appeal)
Have fun stocking up!
Posted in anthology, discovering columbus, dreamspinner, m/m, model student, novel, novella, of holiday spirits, on sale, publishers, sand & water, sharing christmas, short story, the cabin on the hill, uniform appeal
For this week’s Six Sentence Sunday, I dipped into the backlist and came up with this little snippet from my short story “The Cabin on the Hill.” Sleepy!boys for the win!
“Mmmm.” Eli coughed a little, and Jesse heard him swallow thickly. “Don’t tell me it’s morning already.”
The rough edges of his sleepy voice made Jesse smile and certain parts of his body sit up and take notice. “Barely,” he murmured back, rubbing one hand over Eli’s where it sat on his stomach. “No reason to be awake yet, really.”
Image: Louisa Stokes / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
>My short story “The Cabin on the Hill” is now available from Dreamspinner Press! A blurb to whet your appetite:
Jesse hadn’t planned for anything more than a break from the noise and heat of Atlanta when he returned to the cabin he rented each year in the Smoky Mountains – but that was before he met Eli, the handsome man renting the other side of the cabin. Eli’s plans to mix a little hiking with his relaxation match Jesse’s perfectly, and before long the two men are sharing more than just a wall and a view. Jesse’s not one to let an opportunity like this pass him by, though it remains to be seen whether the weekend encounter can turn into something more permanent.
>I’ve been falling down on the job around here. A few updates:
- Silver Publishing’s Never Say Never Valentine’s Day anthology, which includes my short story “Stripped,” will be out Saturday, February 12.
- My standalone short story “The Cabin on the Hill” will be out Wednesday, February 16, from Dreamspinner Press.
- I’ve just submitted a short story for an upcoming Dreamspinner anthology and have another in the works.
- My first novel, “Sand and Water,” is progressing through editing and revisions. I’m shooting for a March submission.
- I plan to attend two conventions here in Atlanta with Dreamspinner. Gaylaxicon/Outlantacon is May 13–15, and Dragon*Con is September 2–5. Hope to see you there!
Posted in conventions, dragon*con, dreamspinner, gaylaxicon, never say never, novel, outlantacon, sand & water, short story, silver publishing, stripped, the cabin on the hill
>Silver Publishing’s Never Say Never Valentine’s Day anthology is now up on the coming soon page. The collection of four stories includes my short story “Stripped,” my first publication with Silver. Release date is Saturday, February 12!
Also, my short story “The Cabin on the Hill” is now up on the coming soon page at Dreamspinner. Release date for this one is Wednesday, February 16!
- I’m offering a free copy each of Model Student and “Sharing Christmas” through Santa Authors 2010 at Reviews by Jessewave.
- I’m also auctioning off free copies of all three of my Dreamspinner stories (“The Cabin on the Hill” will be out in February) through The Purple Dove Project.
- I’m currently reviewing initial edits of “Stripped” for Silver Publishing (out in February as part of their Valentine’s Day set).
- The novel in progress (my NaNo project) crossed the 70,000-word mark last night. I’m now estimating around 80,000 for the final word count on the first draft, which I hope to have finished by mid-January latest.
- Most of the rest of my time is going into finishing up some fanfiction projects right now, but after the novel, I’ll be diving back into my in-progress original fiction folder!
Posted in adult, dreamspinner, fiction, jessewave, m/m, model student, nano, sharing christmas, silver publishing, stripped, the cabin on the hill, works in progress, writing
>Happy to announced that my short story “The Cabin on the Hill” has been picked up by Dreamspinner! Publication is tentatively set for February 2011.
Also, my holiday short has a new title: “Sharing Christmas.” I’m much happier with this one than the original.