I’m doing a bit of housecleaning on the site, mainly to organize the bibliography a little better. If you find any borked links or can’t find something, let me know in comments and I’ll locate it for you.
Also, the audiobook of the Never Say Never anthology released! Woot! Now you can listen to all those dirty words from “Stripped” being read into your ear. Oooo. shivers
I’m one of those eternally optimistic people who can’t bring myself to be cynical about Valentine’s Day. Never mind that I’ve been single for most of them. Yes, V-Day is way overcommercialized, like most holidays, but I find it difficult to look too harshly on a day whose basic purpose is to celebrate love. Romantic love isn’t even the tip of the iceberg of what’s out there. So no matter what your status—single, partnered, or “it’s complicated”—I hope you have a day filled with love.
To help you celebrate, here are a few discount offers to go toward restocking your selection of romance reading!
- Dreamspinner Press is offering 20% off everything today (through midnight Eastern time), and for the rest of the month, they’re running a Hearts and Flowers scavenger hunt, with a heart graphic hidden in various places around the web site. Find and click on the graphic, and you’ll get a code for 20% off all the publications by the author whose page the graphic is hidden on.
- Rainbow eBooks is offering 30% off all new releases today (double the usual Totally Tuesday discount). Also, several standalone items are 50% off, and all Untreed Reads titles are 30% off all month.
- Samhain Publishing is offering 30% off your entire order all day today. Just use coupon code LOVE12.
I’ll be tweeting/retweeting any other offers I see turn up during the day, so check @shaeconnor or the Twitter feed at the right side of this page for more.
(Oh, and while you’re shopping, don’t forget you can still get the Never Say Never Valentine’s Day anthology, which includes my short story “Stripped”!)
Heart image via www.freeimages.co.uk
I’ve signed up for Kindlegraph, which allows you to get personalized autographs for your Kindle books. Model Student and the Never Say Never and Uniform Appeal anthologies are available now, and Sand & Water will be added as soon as it appears on Amazon.
Posted in anthology, autographs, discovering columbus, kindlegraph, model student, never say never, novel, novella, sand & water, stripped, uniform appeal
An awesome review for “Stripped” at OutInPrint as part of a review of the Never Say Never anthology. A snippet:
The story, which is well written, has emotion, a touch of romance, and some great sex. I’ve not seen other stories by Shae, but after reading this, I’ll be looking for more from this author.
Thanks, guys! (And thanks to Xavier for the heads up!)
Michele at Michele ‘n Lisa Reviews gave the Never Say Never anthology 4 Kisses and had some great things to say about my contribution, “Stripped.” A little snippet:
Just wait till you get to the hotel scene. Holy Hot Cakes! Grab your ice water first.
>Silver Publishing’s Never Say Never Anthology is out today, with my story “Stripped” along with stories from RJ Scott, BG Thomas, and Xavier Axelson. Check it out! Ebook || Print || Kindle
>I’ve been falling down on the job around here. A few updates:
- Silver Publishing’s Never Say Never Valentine’s Day anthology, which includes my short story “Stripped,” will be out Saturday, February 12.
- My standalone short story “The Cabin on the Hill” will be out Wednesday, February 16, from Dreamspinner Press.
- I’ve just submitted a short story for an upcoming Dreamspinner anthology and have another in the works.
- My first novel, “Sand and Water,” is progressing through editing and revisions. I’m shooting for a March submission.
- I plan to attend two conventions here in Atlanta with Dreamspinner. Gaylaxicon/Outlantacon is May 13–15, and Dragon*Con is September 2–5. Hope to see you there!
Posted in conventions, dragon*con, dreamspinner, gaylaxicon, never say never, novel, outlantacon, sand & water, short story, silver publishing, stripped, the cabin on the hill
>Silver Publishing’s Never Say Never Valentine’s Day anthology is now up on the coming soon page. The collection of four stories includes my short story “Stripped,” my first publication with Silver. Release date is Saturday, February 12!
Also, my short story “The Cabin on the Hill” is now up on the coming soon page at Dreamspinner. Release date for this one is Wednesday, February 16!
>Just got the beautiful cover art for Silver Publishing’s “Never Say Never” Valentine’s Day anthology, which will include my story “Stripped.” Release date is February 12, 2011.
- I’m offering a free copy each of Model Student and “Sharing Christmas” through Santa Authors 2010 at Reviews by Jessewave.
- I’m also auctioning off free copies of all three of my Dreamspinner stories (“The Cabin on the Hill” will be out in February) through The Purple Dove Project.
- I’m currently reviewing initial edits of “Stripped” for Silver Publishing (out in February as part of their Valentine’s Day set).
- The novel in progress (my NaNo project) crossed the 70,000-word mark last night. I’m now estimating around 80,000 for the final word count on the first draft, which I hope to have finished by mid-January latest.
- Most of the rest of my time is going into finishing up some fanfiction projects right now, but after the novel, I’ll be diving back into my in-progress original fiction folder!
Posted in adult, dreamspinner, fiction, jessewave, m/m, model student, nano, sharing christmas, silver publishing, stripped, the cabin on the hill, works in progress, writing